|
|
|
0 members (),
96
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
S |
M |
T |
W |
T |
F |
S |
|
|
|
|
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
|
4
|
5
|
6
|
7
|
8
|
9
|
10
|
|
11
|
12
|
13
|
14
|
15
|
16
|
17
|
|
18
|
19
|
20
|
21
|
22
|
23
|
24
|
|
25
|
26
|
27
|
28
|
29
|
30
|
31
|
|
|
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
| |
Most Online3,137 Apr 9th, 2026
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
Mechanic
|
|
Mechanic
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338 |
Does anyone have any experience working on these things? Do they use common parts and are they easy to get from the OEM? Are they ok to work on and perform testing on?
I've worked on a few rack and pinion elevators from other manufactures in the past but not Alimak.
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909
4 Ever Learning.
|
|
4 Ever Learning.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909 |
I had 3 i use to service 20 years ago. I may have some info on them. I'll look in my pile and see what I can find for you. I remember the OEM easy to work with. I can't remember what it was but there was something about the safeties I didn't like. I'll let you know what I can find.
Make good choices,
JKH
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
Mechanic
|
|
Mechanic
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338 |
jkh, its funny that you mention the safeties; Alimak replaced the safeties on all the cars at this particular site at least once and on couple units even twice within 6-7 years.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671 |
Alimak is an easy company to work with and yes they do say to replace the safeties every 5 years or something on those lines.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 648
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 648 |
The older ones do use some common parts. The newer ones they have done their best to source the parts from a proprietary perspective. Alimak will sell you anything that you want. They will not send or give out the parts books any longer to service companies. They will provide them to end user. Code requires that you follow the manufacturer guidelines. I think on their safety devices, Alimak, says five years from the date on their safety or once the safety has set four times. So when you get one of theirs check the date. There is also an aftermarket company that will rebuild the devices. Code requires that the teeth on the rack are to measured once a year also. They sell a gauge for that. It is a tedious and time consuming process. Some parts have to come from Sweden and that can take a week. They use to use the Mitsubishi PLC. If you have that copy the program and you can source the plc from other places. As Alimak will have to come out and reprogram the plc. They have came out with their own controller now. We are replacing one of theirs with a Smartrise next month. All in all they are simple and work pretty good. Karen in parts is great to work with.
Hope this helps.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 115
member
|
|
member
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 115 |
Alimak, Champion, GEDA, and PEGA provide a very good life for my family and I. Monthly maintenance is a necessity with rack and pinions. If you have any specific questions regarding rack and pinions, ask away.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1 |
need parts book on a MH-1000-1M GEDA.Any help would be a help.Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|