Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Hello,

I have Kone TMS 600 Mainboard , the leds of Power Fail & Change board is active
i think there is a problem with the EEPROM IC ,Does anyone have
this part working and can send me the data inside it .
And where can i buy a new EEPROM containing the same data?

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
Which chip is bad? I can help you with that. There is a 4 meg EPROM on the board and 2 meg Communication Chip & an NVRAM.
If your in the USA PM me a phone number.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
There is no EE on that board.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
Which chip is bad? I can help you with that. There is a 4 meg EPROM on the board and 2 meg Communication Chip & an NVRAM.
If your in the USA PM me a phone number.


Hello, Rolly
This is the board i have
Attachments

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
That is a standard TMS 600 CPU board. The top chip on the far right of the 3 is NVRAM. The next chip to the left is the RAM chip, The 3rd chip is the Program chip, a 4meg EPROM.
The empty sockets are optional chips.
The chip on the bottom is a 2meg EPROM. (Communication) The Battery backed ram chip (NVRAM) stores all your parameters.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
Get a better picture of chip labels and I will tell you if I have that software.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
Get a better picture of chip labels and I will tell you if I have that software.


Here is a clear view of the chip part
Attachments
220170409_102049[28].jpg (1.92 MB, 26 downloads)

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
Will look today but I think I may have that software.. It is revision 1.0 What speed is this car?

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
Will look today but I think I may have that software.. It is revision 1.0 What speed is this car?


Do you mean the elevator speed?
I'm not sure about that.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
Software is written for 1, 2, 4,or 8 Meters per second.

1=up to 200 fpm
2=up to 400 fpm
4=up to 800 fpm
8=up to 1600 fpm

Last edited by Rolly; 05/13/17 04:55 PM.
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
Software is written for 1, 2, 4,or 8 Meters per second.

1=up to 200 fpm
2=up to 400 fpm
4=up to 800 fpm
8=up to 1600 fpm


I see, it's written as "R = 1.0" on the chip.
Should i confirm from another source?

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
That is the software revision number.. Is it a geared or gearless? The A3 & A6 Boards in the drive determine how fast the car can go along with the software. Look at the Gov or crosshead data tag and see what car speed is supposed to be.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
That is the software revision number.. Is it a geared or gearless? The A3 & A6 Boards in the drive determine how fast the car can go along with the software. Look at the Gov or crosshead data tag and see what car speed is supposed to be.


Hello, Rolly

I couldn't figure what the speed of the car is.
Can you check which type of the software you have, and if it possible i will try to modify it.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
Sorry have to know the speed..are you an Elevator Tech and what country are you in?

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
Sorry have to know the speed..are you an Elevator Tech and what country are you in?


Egypt, i received the Board with a fault, and I'm just trying to fix it.
I don't have a strong knowledge about elevators, unlike you.


Last edited by Khaled; 05/21/17 02:45 PM.
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
I won't give you software that has a potential for an accident or getting someone hurt. You being a board repair facility should have an EPROM programmer and if you can read the chips, software is usually not the problem. A bad TMS 600 power supply can also cause the problem.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
In looking at the files, the communication EPROM can possibly be a 1 meg EPROM. The newer software has a 2 meg communication chip.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Originally Posted By: Rolly
I won't give you software that has a potential for an accident or getting someone hurt. You being a board repair facility should have an EPROM programmer and if you can read the chips, software is usually not the problem. A bad TMS 600 power supply can also cause the problem.


I checked the power part, it has no problem.
The software read by the programmer seemed corrupted in some parts of it(need to confirm that), that's why i needed to check from a healthy one.
I also tried the removable chips in another board and gave me the same result.
So the problem is most likely related to the software.
However, I understand your desire to provide the 100% correct software and i appreciate that, so i will wait for the reply from the guys running the whole system about the speed and the specification of the Elevator.

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 14
Hello, Rolly

The speed of the car is 1 meter per second.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
That's a slow car.. 200fpm max. Is it a freight car or passenger? I think I have software for a 1mps passenger job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.047s Queries: 57 (0.015s) Memory: 3.1156 MB (Peak: 3.5917 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:37:50 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS