Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21126 07/14/17 12:36 AM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
A
ABE
Offline
Mechanic
Mechanic
A Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
Does anyone have a repair manual for this machine? Or know if the ring gear can be adjusted on a eccentric like the Dover and Westinghouse machines?

I have one that appears to be mechanically binding. The car will not drift up when the brake is opened. I'm thinking the ring gear has started to settle on the worm gear. I have never been into one of these machines before and I was hoping to get some bearings/gaskets and machine set up instructions before tearing into it. I know Montgomery use to make manuals and parts lists for these machines but I can't seem to find anything and Spares couldn't help the last time I needed older machine info.

Last edited by ABE; 07/14/17 12:37 AM.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 473
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 473
Mainshaft bearings going bad and letting gear bottom on worm? Have you removed weight (hung car) to see if bind lessens? I don't think raising the gear is the right approach, It has been in this position for a while.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.042s Queries: 18 (0.008s) Memory: 2.9990 MB (Peak: 3.5927 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 02:00:53 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS