Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Have a Dover composite that’s been shutting down frequently.
When I get there my FT timer is on With the generator off.
If I manually pick up the MGX relay car will return to service. My problem is that according to the print, terminal “SY” feeds the MGX relay which then has a self latching contact.
I attached the circuit in question. I cannot find where SY is getting power from.
Does anyone know what is SY in this circuit and where does it get its voltage from?
Attachments

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I think that goes to the common panel. Look for the PFT timer coils, they’re probably in the other column of that page. You should see a circuit showing SY getting power through a N/O SA contact from MG1 terminal which is on page 1, basically connected to SQS. It seems to be like a non-interference circuit to keep generators from starting at the same time.

It’s all on page 12 of this print

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rigybi92gddlac4/C-40375-77%20Dover%20Composite.PDF?dl=0

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Thanks for the reply, after looking over your prints I realized I was missing a page from mine. I will check it out on Monday. Thanks again

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Just closing out thread. Ended up being a bad N/C contact on SB. Thanks Indirtwetrust for pointing me in the right direction.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 23 (0.008s) Memory: 3.0131 MB (Peak: 3.5927 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 02:49:44 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS