The SL, or as I like to call them, Crap lickers, are a beast unless you have a Miprom Service Tool. The 3 or more floor jobs are really a bear with out a tool. The slowdown input does come from the encoder as you have found on other jobs. But the 3 stop has a floor table also. This also uses the encoder to install. Although you can put a floor table in by measuring he floor to floor value in inches and enter that. you still need a service tool to do any of this. Just a quick thought to your problem, have you tried to make the valve up transition a little faster. I once readjusted floor tables and it turned out to be a valve adjustment. Something to try. As for the part number for the on the car top board I have it as P-31517 for the mother board.