Thanks for the information. You touched on something I noticed in my reading about this system. Everything I have read states that the leveling system works just as you stated (almost like you quoted it right out of the books), but on the car I am looking at the sensors are spread out so that to stop the directional leveling switch drops off the vane, and the other sensor never sees the vane until the car starts traveling again. (This would be so much easier to communicate in pictures)

Others have worked on this car. When I stopped by this building to talk to the manager he told me that the car had been down for several months. If I get it solved I get the repair and maintenance. Is it likely that someone moved the sensors? The car stops level, so I would think that if that was the case it would not stop level before it oscilates. If it was intended to operate according to the manuals, and someone spread the sensors so that DZ was the only one on the vane at floor level would it not slip past the floor waiting for the other leveling switch to make to shut the car down? It should NEVER stop level since both switches are never on the vane at the same time, right? Could it be as simple as a non-Dover guy trying to make it stop like his native controls??

Thanks for your help!!!