Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25485 12/28/18 11:07 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
Dover T3 with Thyssen boards

this Dover look like Thyssen did an upgrade
is no way to connect with Hyper Terminal
we try with the IMS (16bit) and connect, but 30 second later is disconnected and reconnect again for 30 sec and again and again .....


any idea how to resolve this problems ?

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
You may need a 32 bit version with a TIV icon to connect. Many versions have bugs (why they make new ones). Ver 2.4.1.1 is very stable and should connect. Do not use a 2.4.1.2 ver, nasty bug in load weighing can shut down car. I believe with the software upgrade it becomes a ver of a Tac 50. Soon everybody will be needing a 2.7.9 or .10 version to take care of tac 32's, or call Thyssen to fix.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
What is the part number of the CPU? The newest is a 6300JC5. With all surface mount parts I t looks very sparse compared to all the older ones. But regardless, it should be the blue IMS, same as a TAC-20. There is a version that says TIV/TAC-50 but I’ve never had to use it. The way it goes from saying device connected to no device connected back and forth is actually normal, it’s negotiating the baud rate. Sometimes it takes a while to finally connect and get light bulbs. Sometimes it can speed up the process to select the car and hit Control + R to open Remote Fast, close it after it opens and do it again. It’s supposed to kind of “ping” it.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Actually, now that I think about it, Hyperterminal should still work at least for the confidence test on all but the newest JC5 CPU.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
thnks to alls

the weird is, we can connect the IMS 16bit (with intermitent disconnections) but the 32 bit is imposible

im looking for CPU part # and IMS vercion

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
IMS Ver. 2.4.0.2

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
On 32 bit you have to use the TIV icon to connect.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by Rolly
On 32 bit you have to use the TIV icon to connect.




i dont have this ICON, do u have a photo from this icon ?

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
There aren’t any 32 bit TIV or TAC-50s

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Try breaking off pin 4 of your 25 pin connector.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
Indirtwetrust.. YES there is, I installed it on a TIV 2 Car Group in Ft. Lauderdale. It was purchased from Vertical Express. NOTIME PM me an email I will send you something.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
To Clarify for Indirtwetrust, the system of the tac 50 is not 32 bit but the Ims ver to connect is. Just as you cannot take care of Some TAC32's without a newer ver of 2.7.9.x or later.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I’d love to see some info on this, I’ve just never heard of it. What CPU and generic software does it use?

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
the board in a Dover T3
Attachments
image1.jpeg (127.58 KB, 37 downloads)

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
That’s a JC5 CPU, did you get this as a replacement for an older board? You need 675HE16 generic software for this board. Maybe why you can’t talk to it, does the LED flash slow? The trick to doing this upgrade is to fire up the board for the first time with a blank U22 EEPROM, after you get a slow flash turn it off and replace the U22 with the original adjusted one. Then the car should just run. The reason is the first power up initialized the U22 and you will have to adjust from scratch.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
R
old hand
old hand
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 736
If Thyssen did the upgrade, they could talk to it. I believe the problem is IMS Version like I had.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
Thank you all for your help, especially Rolly that gave me very good information and YES,
he was right there is an ICON of TIV / T50 with this software the interconnection improved but it was still a problem,

at the end, pin 4 of the 25-pin was the final solution


thanks to all guys !!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.039s Queries: 49 (0.012s) Memory: 3.0789 MB (Peak: 3.5921 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:26:53 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS