Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25623 01/11/19 07:58 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
Hello all.
I know this is a long shot but I wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with Vertical Controls (just prior to Vertitron but the same blue box CPU)? I have a duplex OHT DC rheostatic group and one of the cars is in need of controller/CPU repair or replacement. Is there anyone out there who will work on those boards?
Attachments
IMG_20170622_095344.jpg (2.51 MB, 37 downloads)
IMG_20170622_095353.jpg (2.13 MB, 29 downloads)
IMG_20170623_125342.jpg (2.44 MB, 24 downloads)

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
A
ABE Offline
Mechanic
Mechanic
A Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
Did you check with Vertitron? They still sell some of their older boards or will often repair the boards they don't sell anymore. http://vertitron.com/html/parts_vcs1.htm

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
I had reached out to Vertitron first about 4 years ago and then again about a year and a half ago. Both times I gave them the job number they said "absolutely no support for those controllers"! They never mentioned they still had boards for the VSC controller. I think because these are DC rheostatic and from what I gather they may have only made half a dozen of them they don't want to deal with them any more. Long story longer they have agreed to at least accept the control box in for testing and possible repair but they don't make any guarantees on it being successful. Fingers crossed.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
Tell customer that it must be modded. No longer supported. I wouldn't even give them the option for a maybe


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.037s Queries: 23 (0.008s) Memory: 3.0138 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:21:20 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS