Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25754 01/24/19 11:12 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
I have a customer who wants to add security to their 2 passenger cars with SPEC 60 (MRQ) controls. I know that the calls are serial and this will require some hardware to make it work. The existing job prints are missing some pages and I don't know for sure if there was anything in those pages that would have shown board addressing and wiring for the serial boards needed. I dug up an Otis article on how to program card reader operation for this type of equipment but I don't know if I can order a kit from Unitec for this project or if I have to piece meal it all together? Does anyone have a set of prints from a job that had security? I think I can use RS5 boards but I don't know what they should be addressed to either. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
Unitec will sell you a card reader "kit". Has RS5's, and little terminal strips in a 12x12 jbox

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
You'll have to program obviously

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
Hey Philly. I asked our local Unitec rep about that and he either didn't know about it or doesn't have the info for it. Do you happen to have a part number or any reference I can use to request that? I stumbled onto an article on the programming but I'm more concerned with the addressing of the RS's. Might you have any info regarding that or know how to get it?

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
I can get you the part number for the security "kit" i ordered from unitec.

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
Programming is too complicated to explain here, if you go ahead and sell the customer on it, i can try to help you over the phone. You obv need the tool.

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 1
Thanks Philly. Much appreciated. I will take you up on it.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 28 (0.013s) Memory: 3.0270 MB (Peak: 3.5921 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:13:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS