Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 1
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 1
I had a property management company contact the company I work (I repair medical equipment), my company doesn't work on them mainly because of time constraints. The property management company has hired me directly to make repairs. After digging, I was able to get the manual for it. The problem is, the lift is stuck in the down position. If you press any of the buttons (up/down) on the three(3) different controls, you hear it clicking and trying to function but doesn't move. I checked both doors to make sure they were closed good and they are, in fact you can't even open them. One thing I did notice, is two(2) of the three(3) key switches are on while the third is off, talking with the tenant, they never had a key and it worked previously in the past, however, this problem has occurred before, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with the reoccurring problem. Looking for any advice on the what the cause could be. I am going to the property this weekend to disassemble the unit to be able to get into the tower. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.

Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
I'm not trying to be rude or anything and alot of people don't know this but in most states you must be a licenced elevator mechanic working for a licenced elevator contractor to service, repair, construct, or modernize vertical transportation equipment. Your company is setting theirselves and/or you up for a potential lawsuit if anyone gets hurt on the VPL the second after you perform work on it without the proper licence and training.

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 81
B
journeyman
journeyman
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 81
I can tell you first hand of a situation where a medical products company did a repair on a VPL in an enclosed shaft. Some time later a man in a wheelchair fell down the shaft.

Pretty expensive lawsuit followed.

Bring in someone familiar with the equipment.

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 102
E
member
member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 102
yeah not to berate the point made already but if you're not licensed dont work on it.... i think wheel o vators are powered by 240v which can be a little more than a tickle especially if youre not familiar with how they are built (specfically the controller)


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.034s Queries: 22 (0.007s) Memory: 3.0103 MB (Peak: 3.5897 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:37:49 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS