Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32026 11/03/21 02:00 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
A
ABE
Offline
Mechanic
Mechanic
A Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
I have MCE HMC-2000 that the customer wants to add a single floor car lock out on. It looks like all the COP buttons and key switches go through a serial interface board in the COP. Obviously for code reasons FS has to bypass the security, so my question is; are these controls field programmable or do I need to go to MCE for new software?

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I think if you need individual car call security control you have to add a UIO and maybe software. But if you can lock all secured floors with a single input you should be able to set BSI Security Key to enabled, program a security code to the floor or floors you want to lock in the F3 menu, then use spare input BSI to toggle security on/off. But please someone let me know if there’s an easier way, especially to add card reader security without getting new software.

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 804
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 804
It is possible to do this by adding a key switch next to the car call button, then adding a relay in the COP to energize on Phase II with one of its contacts in parallel with the key switch, enabling the car call button. It may be better to keep the relay always energized and drop out on phase II, as a fail-safe.

Last edited by john jay; 11/03/21 05:23 PM. Reason: addition
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
Will it work, yes. I have a few older jobs wired like that. My only thought is, if you just do it are you/your company liable if you don't have updated schematics from MCE and something were to ever happen?

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Likes: 1
K
member
member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by ABE
I have MCE HMC-2000 that the customer wants to add a single floor car lock out on. It looks like all the COP buttons and key switches go through a serial interface board in the COP. Obviously for code reasons FS has to bypass the security, so my question is; are these controls field programmable or do I need to go to MCE for new software?



You can do it with a Relay in the car staiton or the motor room.


I like elevators and cars. Be Smart Work Safe!
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
A
ABE
Offline
Mechanic
Mechanic
A Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
I am familiar with adding the relay in the COP but I was hoping to do it a little cleaner if possible through an I/O.

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Likes: 1
K
member
member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by ABE
I am familiar with adding the relay in the COP but I was hoping to do it a little cleaner if possible through an I/O.


Call Motion tech support. The amount of time that takes your better off doing a relay. They might tell you, you need a new chip. If you call MCE please let me know what the outcome is.


I like elevators and cars. Be Smart Work Safe!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.042s Queries: 28 (0.012s) Memory: 3.0281 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:04:02 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS