Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
A
ABE
Offline
Mechanic
Mechanic
A Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
I have a Kone mono space I need to re-cable and the cross head says it requires 10mm 8x19 cables but I cant find any existing tags that give the type of cable construction. Does any one know what is typically used for this application?

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 804
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 804
I inspected a Kone Mono that Otis installed the wrong ropes on and it really tore the driver up. I think the diameter was incorrect and the core was not hemp. So I would research it carefully.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 317
B
Mechanic
Mechanic
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 317
Can’t you just give the serial number to Kone Spares to find out?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 20 (0.008s) Memory: 3.0035 MB (Peak: 3.5927 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 02:50:25 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS