Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33715 08/19/22 10:22 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
A
ABE
Offline
Mechanic
Mechanic
A Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 338
Who makes the best freight doors now days as it relates to me mechanical components and controls? We don’t do a lot of freight door jobs and have historically used EMS but recently have had issues with support and controller interfacing with power doors.

Are the Peelle or Courion products better? Just looking for some feedback.

Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
I’m currently ordering a bi parting street entrance peelle freight door with retiring cam and the price is extremely high.

Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
EMS wanted over $7000.00 for a simple light weight mesh freight car gate.

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
I'm wrapping up an install with EMS power car gate and hatch doors. I have mixed feelings with EMS.

On one hand, the construction of the car gate is not good. The welds look like hellen Keller did them and there is literally crooked parts on the gate. The vertical reinforcing strips on the car gate, some are straight and one goes way off to the left. There's not much of an excuse for the lack of build quality. They also forgot to ship a few things (door chain connecting hardware, gate motor vfd) and we had to have shipped to the job.

NOW that being said, I have been thoroughly impressed with EMS's customer service. Absolutely top notch. They resolved all issues quickly and you felt like they cared and real people were there to help. I would honestly use them on my next job just because of their support and see if they maybe had an off job with build quality.

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
For what it's worth we just installed a VMI controller and the EMS PLC is in the same panel as the main control boards. It was a pretty seamless install as far as the door controller is concerned. Definitely a nice way to have both the door controller built in with the elevator controller. Made wiring nice, all TCs and multis just went to one panel.

I have some MCE 2000/Pelle (seperate panel with its own PLC) door controller. And I'll say the Pelle stuff is rock solid too. Very good equipment. I can't say I'd truly prefer one over the other. I will say the retiring cam and overall door operation seems more refined and smoother on the EMS doors. The cam on the Pelle doors is loud and Pelle uses a smooth sheave to drive the car gate chains, which have had issues with slipping and just spinning not moving the gate. EMS uses a sprocket.

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Likes: 1
K
member
member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 148
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Jluff
I’m currently ordering a bi parting street entrance peelle freight door with retiring cam and the price is extremely high.


This is why we switched to Trico Mfg in Brooklyn. I dont like the new Peelle "Wirless" doors and there pricing was going through the roof.


I like elevators and cars. Be Smart Work Safe!
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 270
Likes: 2
L
Elevator guy
Elevator guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 270
Likes: 2
Anything hand operated


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.054s Queries: 28 (0.012s) Memory: 3.0283 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:19:12 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS