Auto Call Box
This is something I felt the need for pretty early on. There are different ways of making this happen on some controllers but I really wanted something universal to run the car for me while I’m doing something else.

The first one was all analog with just one relay. One call on the N/O and one call on the N/C. Just cycled on/off with an adjustable timer. This worked fine on some controllers but a lot of relay logic equipment doesn’t like for a call to be held while it’s trying to be cancelled. Relays chatter, resistors get hot, etc.

Auto Call Box Analog

For the second one I had to use a microprocessor to make a proper 2 relay box with adjustable “on time” (time the relay is picked to place the call) and adjustable “off time” ( time between relay picking to place the call. Nice thing about this one is it’ll run for days on a 9v battery.

Auto Call Box Digital

Then this is the most recent version with 5 solid state relays. It can do random or sequential calls and adjust the number of relays used in the cycle. The battery doesn’t last as long as the previous version though. It’ll run off the battery all day for troubleshooting but to run overnight it has to be plugged into power.

Auto Call Box V5