Originally Posted by Turbo6
I would have to disagree on the plc based controllers. How much experience do you have working on them? The positive thing about them is that your not stuck with buying parts from the original manufacturer as your are with gal/sr/mce ect... Just about anybody can fix them if you have the ladder program and can make changes as needed.

I agree completely, if it's a simplex and you don't need dispatching, as good as the new microprocessor based controls are you can't beat the reliability of a PLC based car. There's a reason the harshest environments use PLC based cars. I've worked on them in everything from Aluminum foundries to outdoor rack and pinion cars being rained and snowed on in negative dergee temperatures. Places I just can't see any microprocessor based serial link controller holding up well for a long time.

I also like the new MCE motion 2000 more than the older hmc1000. It's a similar upgrade that the tac 32 was from the tac 20. They went to triacs to replace high failure relays and everything has alot more redundancy now. Case in point is if a up slowdown limit sticks and caused a MLT on a 1000 you get there and it's not stuck and have to reconstruct what happened to figure it out, the motion 2000 that limits input is monitored and throws a fault for that specifically. They did a good job identifying the weak points on the hmc1000 and addressing them