hello,

sorry, if this topic is quite common, but i would like to get your insights.

Few months ago I bought a flat in residential 9 floor building. The building was build in 2015s. My flat is at the top floor - 9th. After few days i've noticed some strange sound 'click' from the wall where kitchen and living room area is, first i thought it was a refrigerator. But later I realized that sound is coming from the Schindler (seems like model - S3300 ?) elevator machine room. Because my flat is at the top floor - so seems i'm lucky having the machine room next to my living room. That sound sometimes get quite annoying especially when i'm sitting silently in my living room. Here is the video of that elevator operating - HERE . On the left side you see my flat. It would be no problem if that sound would come only when elevator is at my floor. But that sound comes from elevator brakes - and that sound occurs when it stops at any floor. Here i've made a short record of how that sounds inside my living room - https://youtu.be/n9Bs6XzyaNw?t=7. Yes, it's not tragic - but still for me as a sensitive person sometimes it's distracting:). I've contacted my house administrators - they checked and said that everything is OK and no problems with elevators parts is found. Some parts is little bit weared but still comply with the directions. They said that the main cause of it that I may hear it inside my flat is that the house was projected with elevator engine attached to the side where my flat is, but not to the wall which is on other side to the stairwell. I think the the warranty of the building is not expired, maybe contacting the builder company would help somehow if this situation would be qualified as project error ?

i'm just wondering if that is really how quite modern elevators work ? Now i'm starting to see how elevators work in other places, for example ant my work or hotel where KONE elevator is - there're no even similar sound of elevator stopping. Just very smooth silent noize. Maybe there are some technicians of elevators and could say if there's something to do or ask from elevator operating company to do with this ? I googled that maybe the rubber ring replacement would help, but my elevator company said that everything is ok.

p.s there're few more same elevators in the project - seems when elevator is on the building with 5 floors - the breaks sounds much smoother.

p.p.s also attaching the scheme of the flat + elevator

Thanks for any input

Attached Files
elevator.PNG (23 downloads)
Last edited by kajukas; 03/21/23 09:19 AM.