hello,

Long story short - bought a new flat at top store residential building. Got a surprise - my kitchen wall is adjacent to MRL elevator engine, so when Schindler 3300 stops at any floor, i'm hearing some kind of clanking noize. Recently i've started to hear even the start of elevator. Can't explain that. The sound level of the breakes is about 35db (Max) which seems complies with my country hygiene norms. Elevator company checked the brakes - and said everything is working OK, the engine is connected using the rubber etc.
I managed to get some photos from the shaft. Attaching them here and adding floor scheme. My house administrator told me that there could be an option to add layer of isolation in the shaft itself to minimize the sound. Ofcourse i should pay for that. What do you think - would that be an option ? Is it even allowed to insulate the elevator shaft from the inside ? I would do that in my flat - but the problem is - that the wall is adjacent to Kitchen with all its infrastructure. Thanks for any input smile

Attached Files
floor scheme.PNG (29 downloads)
shaft1.jpg (38 downloads)
shaft2.jpg (31 downloads)
Last edited by kajukas; 08/04/23 08:45 PM.