I know these controllers don’t have hall call security by default but I’m hoping someone out there can help me make sense of this…
It’s a 3 stop hydro with card readers next to every hall fixture, nothing done at the buttons like cutting the common. There are 3 inputs from the security panel wired to 509, 510, & 511. The readers function and put 24v on the inputs. These inputs are assigned as car call enables floors 1,2,3.
The problem is the hall calls are not locked, don’t need the card reader. Somehow this had worked since 2020 and now doesn’t. It certainly doesn’t seem right that the inputs are set as car call enables but there are no hall call enable inputs.
I talked to the guy that installed it and he remembered getting it working with Smartrise tech support but that’s about it.
Any ideas? Is there some way this could’ve worked?
I thought maybe the hall key switches were off to disable the buttons then the reader inputs were supposed to be set to car calls not car call enables but when I make them discrete car call inputs they don’t work even though I can monitor car call inputs and see them go high when I jump the 509,10,11. Are these limited to serial or discrete calls? Because I also tried to make them hall calls but those didn’t do anything either.