Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36239 11/05/23 07:33 AM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
I'm having a problem with a TAC32 duplex 4-stop hydro installed in 2014. With no demand, the cars will go to the 3rd floor and cycle their doors and chime the up or down car lantern. I'm getting a stuck 3rd floor up hall button fault. Both cars will sit at the 3rd floor and every 30 seconds both cars will cycle the doors simultaneously, car 1 will chime its up lantern and car 2 will chime its down lantern. The 3rd floor hall button board doesn't have its green power LED lit. I verified the 3rd floor board and both buttons work by plugging them in on the 2nd floor. I think I have a bad hall button board to hall node board cable or a bad 3rd floor hall node board. If it is the hall node board do I just power down both cars and pull the old board out and match the jumper configuration on the new board and then power back up?

Montana #36240 11/05/23 02:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
You’ll also have to teach the riser. TECF, TECC. If the board is used you’ll want to do a TECCR first to clear the old config in the board. Unless you have V6R12A generic software in there, replace that HN card. If that is the generic you have, and there are FLn floor lockout IOs, try updating the generic first. That software is bad, car will respond to high FL inputs as if they’re calls.

Indirtwetrust #36241 11/05/23 02:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
Does Vertical Express sell the updated software?

Montana #36245 11/06/23 10:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
I have had the cat 5 from the HN board to a breakout board in the hall be the problem before. On that one it was snother mechanic crushing the wire when putting the plate back on after replacing a button. That car kept blowing the Pico fuses on the HN board. Not the same problem but I would definitely take 5 minutes and connect a different cat 5 jumper between the two to rule thar out.

Montana #36246 11/06/23 10:28 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
I have had the cat 5 from the HN board to a breakout board in the hall be the problem before. On that one it was snother mechanic crushing the wire when putting the plate back on after replacing a button. That car kept blowing the Pico fuses on the HN board. Not the same problem but I would definitely take 5 minutes and connect a different cat 5 jumper between the two to rule thar out.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 24 (0.014s) Memory: 3.0162 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:03:15 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS