I do see the advantages of smartrise from the installation perspective. It is faster easier etc. Maybe I'm a little old school. To me a pre-wired cop or hall station was something i was never graced with, but I was installing va controls with gal fixtures and wired everything by hand, i didnt even know prewired was an option. But it saved money, pre-wired packages cost money. Two hours of my labor to completely wire a COP vs the cost to order the package that way.

Do keep in mind, I look at everything through a service man's and long term business perspective. I form my opinions based off what i put in and what i take care of on my route and see issues with on my route. I wasn't doing this back in the 90s, so I don't have any idea about mce having issues back then, but taking care of their equipment now I love their equipment.

I cant argue smartrise is faster to put in. But is that one or two days labor worth it when you look back after 5 years and take into account warranty issues that consumed labor and callbacks? I would rather take a day or two longer and have a mce or va controls to take care of for the long term. We've been having smartrises being installed still having oddball problems. Boards going bad etc.

I'm used to installing a VA controls and usually not have a single callback in its first few years of life.