Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37723 07/12/24 06:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
I need to order hanging blocks and chain falls. I need chain falls with long chains. Does anyone know a good supplier. Crap is super expensive

Jluff #37724 07/12/24 06:58 PM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
What are you mechanics out there using ? Not for hanging cars. But for hoisting. Like doing a traction dismantling
, rail installations, or telescopic seal replacement where you have to hang multiple pistons and headers high ?

Jluff #37725 07/12/24 07:04 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
Wurtec

Jluff #37733 07/13/24 05:32 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
CM or Harrington are the best.

I have a 1 ton 30 foot fall for repacking 2 stage jacks. Pay up, order what you need once and take care of it. At least that's how I feel about rigging equipment. I'll cheap out elsewhere

Jluff #37734 07/13/24 05:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
I also seen a Harrington 1/2 ton lever hoist the other day I'm jealous of. 1000 pound capacity, 20 or 30 foot chain but so small and light it would fit in a tool bag.

I used a 1/4 lever hoist to swap out a sheave not long ago. I'm really liking lever hoists, smaller than a regular fall and they can free chain, so you can have a nice real long chain and takes 2 seconds to run it to the length you need to rig

Jluff #37735 07/13/24 05:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
For jacks, the 30 foot falls great, I rig off the I beam and have enough chain to get all the sections in and out without changing my rigging

Jluff #37740 07/13/24 11:29 PM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
I only see the Harrington mini in 10 foot chain Max

Jluff #37752 07/16/24 11:59 AM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
J
old hand
old hand
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
How do you use a lever with a 30 foot chain ? You need to be all the way up top by pick point ?

Jluff #37755 07/17/24 12:06 AM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
Yes, or you need to use a chain fall.

Jluff #37865 07/28/24 02:47 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
4 Ever Learning.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909
dtabrasives.com


Make good choices,

JKH
Jluff #37866 07/28/24 11:52 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281
Likes: 5
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281
Likes: 5
You don't need to be at the top for a lever hoist. You just hang the hook at top and the lever and the body down where you are.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.047s Queries: 36 (0.016s) Memory: 3.0456 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:04:03 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS