Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281
Likes: 5
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281
Likes: 5
Is anyone familiar with dover composites? I have to do a 5 year on one and I've probably seen a composite 2ce in the last 10 years. I think I have some dover paperwork but not sure if it has any testing procedures and or tips and tricks for those controllers

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 473
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 473
Full load Car Buffer test 1.Put car on independent service on controller. 2. Block DO relay contacts to prevent door operation. 3. turn off main line disconnect and swap MF! and MF2 (motor fields). Turn on main and set up top floor car call. Car will go high speed onto the pit buffers. Keep final limit active. 4. turn off Main Disconnect and put fields back to normal and place car on inspection. Station helper at pit to observe buffer return. Jump Final limit and insp up to get car off buffer. 5. Restore Auto operation (still on independent). 6. Bring car back to mid hatch

Empty car cwt buffer test. See above instructions except: step 2a wire safety rod down to prevent safety setting at top of hatch, step 3, setup bottom car call Car will run up and cwt will bottom out buffer. 4a Inspection dn to get cwt off buffer

I think removing OS fiel wire puts car on Independent service and removing ins field wire puts car on Inspection operation It has been a long time since I did safety tests, but this was a great way to perform buffer tests

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 473
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 473
OS and INS are controller terminals. Touching field wire from INS to INU or IND would run on inspection. I don't remember final terminals. I would always test buffers with a 4x4 post before running these tests just to free them up and check for return

Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281
Likes: 5
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281
Likes: 5
Thank you I appreciate it


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.193s Queries: 22 (0.104s) Memory: 3.0126 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:01:32 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS