One of our buildings has a pair of Kone cable drive cars. The units are are a service contract with Otis. The cars always of course have after hours issues and Otis is continually called in.
Does a reg exist that allows building engineers to take a car down and place on independent service?
If I recall the A17.1 is very specific if you are not a licensed mechanic you are not to bring it back in service.
I work in the affordable housing space and it is wiping out the budget. A lot of the calls are as an example: the car doesn’t level correctly at a stop so it shuts down. The units have had canbus issues. Hall call and travel cable issues.
In closing I would never enter in a service contract with any of the big 3 if the equipment is not theirs!
Thank you all for any help you may provide
The best way to reach me is via the email
[email protected]