Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2026
Posts: 10
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2026
Posts: 10
Hi. I’m having persistent issues with this fault in many places I go. I ask because I’m having multiple cars begin to have 1059 encoder recal error.

Tac5004

Verified pos encoder input while bumping car on insp 1fpm via ioc, changed encoder, resat connections, cleaned gov sheave, and then changed ioc as per ITS. Ran hw scan on 15 fpm and count will hold until I take of DD and a passenger uses it, count will begin to take a Crap

One car the encoder board change worked.

Another car after I replaced ioc and still the issue persisted. cleaned the gov sheave it worked 2 weeks and came back. Replaced the encoder in that one and still happening

Another car takes a Crap immediately after hw scan.

A job I’m at today has a 1059 error. Wtf is my life


I don’t know what to do. ITS said encoder, IOC, cpu.. but cpu failing on all these cars I doubt it.

Last edited by Drui; 09/11/26 12:42 PM.
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 642
Likes: 5
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 642
Likes: 5
Check the Allen screws that attach the encoder to the gov shaft whether gov mounted or motor end shaft.
Mark the gov cable and the sheave (white stripe) run the car and see if the two marks are the same. Rope slip is what I’m talking about.
Check for tail sheave tension, or sheave resting on the pit floor.
Weird that it’s on several cars.

Joined: May 2023
Posts: 46
V
newbie
newbie
V Offline
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 46
It could be interference. The encoder shield needs to be grounded.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 36
M
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 36
Please feel free to contact Issa Lwaysi from Miltronics Inc. @ (917) - 417 - 7389. We provide Tech support for all TK/DOVER T-III, T-IV, TAC 50-03, TAC 50-04, TAC-32 Controllers.

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 119
B
member
member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 119
Ive had bad governor ropes cause this in the past. Those little 3/8 ropes like to stretch in high rise buildings.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.036s Queries: 24 (0.010s) Memory: 3.0155 MB (Peak: 3.5921 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:37:51 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS