The door motors are indeed DC and the controller type is a NI2CL.As for the door operators, I am not sure which screws are the actual adjusters. At each and of the door check area on the operator there is a small screw (or possibly a vent) on top of the door check as well as a large set screw on either end of the door check which possibly is just a cap. I believe that the smaller screw on top is the adjuster but I wasn't sure if the set screws on the end of the operator function as some sort of stop or adjuster. If all else fails I will probably leave the operator as is since we will be doing a modernization on this car in January or February and I am trying to keep this car running until then.
Thanks to all for their replies and all the valuable advice.
PS I had previously cleaned the gate tracks and lubricated all the pivot points and chain on the operators. Although both operators respond the same to a door open command (stopping about 1 1/2 inches short of fully open) on one of the operators it is very difficult to manually open and close the door while on the other operator the door opens and closes very easily manually. I thought this might be related to the checks but I also thought there might be an internal problem in that operator.I was hoping to correct the problem when I adjust the checks, I would hate to have to replace the operator this close to doing the modernization.
Thanks again