Home

Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling

Posted By: Freddie

Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/11/17 02:38 PM

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced a car call button acknowledgment light that didn't cancel on these units?
It's only 1st floor and I changed the (K2EB) I/O board (Part #ABA26800AHE1) that it plugs into with same result. Button works fine. Able to move problem to any call button.

Also on the same car the Fan & Light Protection relay (FLPR) picks up instantly and won't drop out to allow car lights to turn on. Changed CIRS board (Part #GDA25005B1) and no change.

Any help at all is good help. Thanks for reading this.
Posted By: Vatorgator

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/12/17 01:05 AM

did you try a pf ram reset m151? had a car gong that would not turn off, went down the same road as you replaced boards etc. same thing did a m151 and problem cleared. also there was a problem with flpr as well. m151 corrected them both.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/12/17 01:11 PM

I did the only ram reset I know of. Car on inspection, scroll with S2 button to function 6. Scroll through to CLRO and hit reset to clear BAT RAM. Is this the same as m151?
Cleared this way a few times with no luck.

Thanks for the response.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/12/17 09:05 PM

hmm not sure, usually just use the tool, not the onboard interface. sounds similar, except the tool says PF power failure ram reset. and onboard says BAT ram reset.? not really sure, but it seems similar. any way to access a tool? just to check it out. maybe a otis guy will chime in good luck keep us posted

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/12/17 09:58 PM

Nope, no tool. Haven't needed one till now I guess. Does sound like the same function though and I see no other type of reset mentioned in the manual. Really appreciate you getting back to me.
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/12/17 10:04 PM

https://m.alibaba.com/product/6036673198...817009.6.ZxHXuy

Works great.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/13/17 02:07 AM

2nd that. Best $100 I ever spent.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/13/17 01:25 PM

Gentleman, you convinced me. Just ordered one. Have more then enough 211's to justify the purchase. Thanks.
Posted By: pieman

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/16/17 10:40 PM

On board bat ram clear and svt m151 clear should give similar results . If you changed the button and the remote station and still have it then it could be a problem in the software where the output for the tell tale light is permanently on . If you get yourself a service tool check the I/0 state , it should give you the I/o number in the prints I've had this fault but its been the behind COP remote station ( KEB ) board everytime . The light and fan relay is a changeable setting from the last run and can be changed with a SVT .

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/16/17 10:43 PM

Did you inherit the fault or has it appeared suddenly ? If like it when you took the job I would say its like the car button tell tale is addressed wrongly

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/17/17 05:26 PM

When you get the svt check car serial address 34-1 for the CCB01
Input is the button output is the tell tale light . On SVT go 1 (ocss) 2 (test) 1 ( RSL I/O ) then it differs on vintage I believe but it may say c equals 1 h equals 2 g equals 3 . If so press 1 . Type in 34 press blue and enter , it will show input output state for 34 bit 1 which is 1st floor button and light . ( if u want to check floor 2 press blue and up to change the bit to 2 again to 3 etc etc ) check the output is OFF if no call registered . If on when no call is registered try turning it off from the SVT press blue and zero until it changes to off then go and see if it extinguished. For some reason on the one in looking at right now if you activate the button while looking at input output state then you HAVE to turn it back off from the tool . Pretty sure thats the case for all. Try this and let us know . Hope it helps .

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/17/17 05:42 PM

UPDATE....
So this is weird , just the process of me going into the RSL I/0 ended up replicating your fault. It was fine for a time as I was checking etc.. When I went to leave I Locked up called the elevator up and the fan and light where out and when you register a call on any floor it does not extinguish the lamp after answering . Even weirder is the fact that I went back to machine room plugged my SVT in and as soon as I did the flpr relay picked and the fault whent away. Try M-1-5-1 as vatorgator suggested before anything .
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/17/17 08:29 PM

If you do M-1-5-1 use clear PF Ram not Clear SAC RAM.. Sac is for car button secured floors.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/18/17 12:57 AM

hey pieman, i have experienced strange results from playing with the tools on the rsl I-0's
i think i have posted and had some responses on this forum. anyway being curious while working on some 211 hydros, i would try and turn on certain outputs just to play around and see if i could get it to work, strange thing is if you try and turn on a output from the tool, lets say fireman jewel, for example. i would try and it would not turn on, then i would stop playing, and get ready for next service jog, when about to leave i noticed the first floor hall button would not extinguish. had to do a m151 pf ram reset. did not think much about it, but i have played with it on various 211 controllers, and as soon as you get into the rsl io section and try to force an io, then strange things happen. it does not go as the manual says it should. been down this road a few times,
Posted By: NewMech

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/18/17 03:12 AM

Most Otis controllers respond similarly when manually toggling I/Os.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/18/17 11:27 PM

Yeah , I tend not to toggle I/o's unless specifically trying to prove something ,had some spare time so was playing around. Funny it created the exact same fault including dropping the light and fan relay.did not even have to do a PF ram reset to clear the fault just plugged my service tool in and hey presto. I look after a lot if 211's and thought I had seen everything , guess not .

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/19/17 05:23 PM

Wow, Thanks for all the help. Haven't checked in a few days. Still waiting for the tool but, did not inherit the problem and the original problem was the flrp relay staying picked. No car lights. The halo not canceling popped up while trying to figure that out. Off next week but tool should be here upon return and I try all your suggestions. Hope it doesn't take too long to figure out the tool. I ain't no kid no more!!

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/20/17 12:36 AM

The light and fan relay and the halo not canceling seem to be related . That's what I had . First thing to do is plug in your tool, press module - 1 -5-1 and blue enter for PF ram reset ( as someone else said don't reset the SAC ram ) . Good chance that will do it .

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 01/20/17 11:50 AM

Thank you very much.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/01/17 09:46 PM

So, back from vacation. Got the Tool. Went to 3 different 211's today and got the same thing. Plug it in, get start up logo then it changes to press module but just as quick StStStStStSt (self test I assume) starts filling up the whole screen and won't change. The manual I've been able to attain shows a SELF TEST mode first but nothing about what I'm getting. If I press the blue shift key I'll get software version and date but nothing else.
Just wanted to see if it's me or the tool before I contact the seller.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/02/17 12:31 AM

I've never seen that on mine. Some 211s don't seem to support the tool but on those it just does the self test and says something. When it works it says self test and MECS mode I think, then you can press the Module button and get the Module menu.
Posted By: NewMech

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/02/17 04:21 AM

Service tool communication depends on the age of the 211. Older units aren't service tool capable without a baseline upgrade.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/02/17 01:11 PM

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/05/17 05:10 PM

A little update. Yesterday I got the tool working on the 211 with the problem. Tried the M-1-5-1 ram reset with no change. Was able to do as Pieman suggested and check the output for serial address 34 bit 1, 1st floor button, and both input and output were off, light still on. I pushed the button and checked the SVT and then the output was on. Turned it off with tool as suggested and no luck. Still lite. Also did a eprom self test with the tool and nothing found wrong. Spent a bit more time trying to figure out the tool, the manual I was able to attain has differences to what the tool is showing on the menu tree. This job is Version AP430985AAA (2006). Also still have the FLPR problem. It won't drop out for car lights to turn on.
Just wanted to let all who were kind enough to give me suggestions how things are going.
Thanks again.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/06/17 07:45 PM

How old are the controllers ? When that happens it usually means software on the board is incompatible with the service tool . You need to upgrade the baseline software to a newer version . I forget what they are up to now ...think ending in AAG ? Be aware that even once you change the chip there are usually a couple of parameters that need changing . Haven't had to do one for a while but last one I did I had a regional guy talk me through the changes over the phone .

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/06/17 07:53 PM

Oops , sorry ..never saw the second page ! Thought you were still having problems getting the tool to work. I don't suppose one of the other 211's you look after are same amount of floors and entrances etc ? If so maybe swap out the main board in the controller just to be absolutely certain its not a problem with the wiring or the KEB board .
Posted By: nvadorm

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/07/17 03:15 AM

You should probably contact the seller. The tool should give you a menu shortly after you plug it in.

Make sure you are plugging the correct plug, there are 2 on the board.

As for you button light problem, have you checked to make sure you don't have a grounded wire form the button?

Also if you have a service tool plugged in and are in a test mode, all of the buttons will stay lit.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/08/17 11:14 AM

Thanks guys. This is a duplex so I could swap main boards on a Saturday Pieman. Never cared about swapping stuff on relay logic or early solid state jobs but i get a bit anxious with the newer stuff!

I am plugged in the right port. Wasn't the first go round though. And as for a grounded wire, checked thoroughly for that and even used a different wiring harness with the same results. Plug P2 (1st floor car button) from the KEB board is the only one staying lite and I did replace the board with a new one right from UNITEC. Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/09/17 01:35 AM

freddie, we have swapped main boards on a few jobs, i puckered the very first one, but after we did it , it was a breeze. next few times, it was easy money, as long as everything is exact we had it done in less then 30 min. but then again, you never know good luck

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/11/17 12:49 AM

Vatorgator is right , straight forward swap out usually.it sounds like you have the older 211 with the piggy back board ? Just swap the base board , if the fault moves its the board . If not swap out the smaller board , if it moves its that board or or in the software . If you swap both and it doesn't move its a wiring fault , possible short . Providing the KEB board you pit on wasn't faulty also . Chased my tail all over Christmas by replacing a tape head reader board on a 211 with a new one that also had the same intermittent fault as the old one . Deove me crazy .
Posted By: DJ 411

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/11/17 03:23 PM

If it's a older service tool, it will not work on the newer software. Not sure where the software cut off is at.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/11/17 03:23 PM

If it's a older service tool, it will not work on the newer software. Not sure where the software cut off is at.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 02/11/17 03:25 PM

The last 3 numbers on the back of the service tool should be AK1. And that should work.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 03/11/17 04:59 PM

Long overdue update. First thanks to all for the help and suggestions. After using the service tool to do all that was suggested and learning some of it along the way, I still couldn't get the button light to cancel and the light protection relay to drop out allowing the cab lights to work. Then I tried something I should have tried earlier on.

We have a few Otis LRV duplex jobs where after doing regular maintenance and turning on the power, one car will lock up and hose up everything. Solution, turn off both cars, and reboot 1 then 2. Always works. So, I tried that on the 211's. Halo lights out, light protection back to normal. All good. Played with the service tool to turn outputs off and on and all worked fine.

Since then we've had the cab lights not turn on twice, building manager reset for us, but button light problem has not returned. On these new fangled fancy elevators, I don't question success. So, again thanks to all.

Re: Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling - 03/12/17 12:17 AM

On the plus side you will probably need the ak1 tool at some point and now you have familiarized yourself with it. And yep , sometimes a result is a result no matter how you reach it .
© 2024 Elevator Forum